Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by jlgreer1 Quoting Libervisco from June 2005 - "Just want to say hello. I'm new into Linux (and already lost) Shocked " ??? Did you actually read the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by jlgreer1
    Quoting Libervisco from June 2005 - "Just want to say hello. I'm new into Linux (and already lost) Shocked "

???
    Did you actually read the context of the post, or what you ust saw in his profile.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/pos...hlight=#244591

Congratulations, Libervisco.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by jlgreer1
    Quoting Libervisco from June 2005 - "Just want to say hello. I'm new into Linux (and already lost) Shocked "

???
    Yeah, I agree with jlgreer. When Libervisco quotes a new user as being new to linux that is definitely evidence of his gross incom.... Wait a second, he was quoting someone else? Erm, okay, maybe we were a little quick with the leaping to conclusions.

As long as he's judged on his ability to write a review what would it matter how new to linux he is? Surely feedback from relatively new users (which Libervisco is not) is as valid as that of unpaid professionals??

Ps, Maybe we could add Libervisco's coffee lounge post count back into his total post count so he again has the required 50 posts for the job
    registered linux user: 387197

Just Joined!
    Honestly I was a bit surprised I was picked for this new position, at least because of my post count for which I'd agree should be a bit higher. If I had no my own sites (of which libervis.com is pretty challenging) believe me I would hang on LinuxForums.org all the time and my post count would be much higher. I also find myself in situation sometimes when I have something to post about that could fit both LinuxForums and libervis forums, but since libervis needs me I decide to post there instead (and no it's not competing with LFDO in any way, it's waay more broad and going in a different direction).

I've submitted for the review team because I thought that's one thing I could do for the GNU/Linux community here since I do like trying our new distros whenever I can. So why not write about my experiences and therefore contribute something. That's all.

Oh and the banner ad has nothing to do with it. It's sarumont who made the decision, not Jason, and sarumont didn't put that banner up.

Anyway, thanks guys for the nice words.
    Daniel

Linux Engineer
    Don't worry about your postcount at all, I, and I'm sure that others like me, am looking forward to seeing what you can provide the community
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

And what *really* matters is that we have the last word anyway. muwahaha. ( well we kinda' do anyway )

Just Joined!
    LOL, jlgreer1, do i smell sour grapes?? Do you open you eyes when you read??

Gotta say if I'd have had enough posts and indeed even seen the post on time i would have liked to have tried my luck. Ah well theres always next time..

Well done Libervisco buddy.

Just Joined!
    Thanks guys

I'm already up to writing my first review for LFDO, stay tuned!

Daniel

Linux Enthusiast
    Very well done Libervisco

Quote Originally Posted by lakerdonald
    And what *really* matters is that we have the last word anyway. muwahaha. ( well we kinda' do anyway )
    That being said, I'm locking this thread since some people on the forums choose to perpetually act like they're 13 with an IQ to match.

I chose libervisco for the CD team. Period. End of story. I'm in charge of the CD team because J sees me fit for the responsibility. Be mature and respect his decision on me as well as my decision on libervisco.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2