Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
they say a change is as good as a rest, but, you can't rest until you change it even though i didn't know jason personally, i too think he did ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

they say a change is as good as a rest, but, you can't rest until you change it

even though i didn't know jason personally, i too think he did a great job with this forum. i'm active in quite a few, but not as active as this one . thanks for a great site, welcome mark & may the source be with you

andy
    SLOMO: acer extensa 5235 2.2ghz,2gb ram 160gb hdd wireless
    SPEEDY: homebrew desktop,Amd x2 dualcore,2gb ram,500gb +1tb( 2x500gb) hdd suse 11.3,32mb fibreline
    registered linux user #401845

Linux Enthusiast
    A change to vbulliten would not be supported by all users, including me. If we are going to give this serious consideration then we should put it down to a vote.

Linux Enthusiast
    Vbulletin is soooooo much better

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by chopin1810
    A change to vbulliten would not be supported by all users, including me. If we are going to give this serious consideration then we should put it down to a vote.
    And why? Vbulletin has good release and is not lagging like phpbb for new release with subfora and so on for example...We're waiting that since so much time. Now u only got a mod it's not well implemented. Have u ever look into the vbulletin code? I found it clean and "moddable".
    At the beginning I thought like u but thereafter....

oz
    forum.guy
    A change to vbulliten would not be supported by all users, including me.
    Yeah, that's true but the fact is someone won't like it no matter what bulletin board software is used.

I've been posting on boards like this one for nine years now and have to say that vBulletin is the best of the bunch, at least in my opinion. Of course, about the only thing most of us have to offer is opinions. My guess is that the new administrator has his own opinion (assuming Core Wizard is a guy ), as well as some amount of experience with bulletin board software, and that he'll probably go with the one he feels is the best.

I really don't want to change to VBulletin. I am in favor of phpBB's simplicity. I hate having subforums and all that business, it just clutters things up, and people spend less time posting and more time searching for where to post things.
    Just the two cents from a guy who obviously frequents here,
    Andy

Banned
    IMO
    [I also feel vBullitin will be bad move
    this forum has always used phpBB
    and has always worked well
    i dont see any real reason why we should change

also bringing in your own staff..
    becoming mods WAS about posting meaningful posts and having a good heart
    not i am admin so he is mod cause i say

you havnt even really introduced yourself to your audience
    poepl knew jason

you havnt even done a proper introduction to the current mods!]

I feel that a switch to vBulletin for the forum software as I feel it is alot better. Esp for the Admin and the Mods. vB is also very user friendly. I just feel it will be a good thing, but then again I also use it for my forums so what can i say.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozar
    A change to vbulliten would not be supported by all users, including me.
    Yeah, that's true but the fact is someone won't like it no matter what bulletin board software is used.
    ...Which is why we should bring it to a vote...
    vBulliten is very confusing with all of the subforums and such... this forum is very simplicity based. I like that. I can't stand sites that use vBulliten. They are too cluttered with features and look sloppy.

The new owner has the right to run the board however he wishes. After all, it's his and we are all his guests. A forum like this cannot be a democracy. It necessarily must be a monarchy, and hopefully Linuxforums.org will continue to be a benevolent one. Having said that, I think the board works pretty well just the way it is. There is an old saying: “If something isn't broken, you don't fix it.”
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast