Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Why pay for proprietary vBulliten when free phpBB works fine?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Why pay for proprietary vBulliten when free phpBB works fine?

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan
    The new owner has the right to run the board however he wishes. After all, it's his and we are all his guests. A forum like this cannot be a democracy.
    Exactly... I couldn't have said it better, myself.

Do recall that simply because subforums are possible does not mean that you can't have regular forums...

Also, I know that phpBB has a limit on the number of forums which has annoyed some people.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with our current system, but if Core Wizard wishes to switch to vBulletin, I won't hold that against him.

On a different note, I would be interested in hearing from you and the rest of the staff. Y'know, Linux experience, what you hope to bring, just a bit about yourself.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Ok, we have looked into it, and we see that for the benefit of the forum, it is better to move to vBulletin for several reasons, for example security, I have seen many phpbb forums defaced because of security holes in its code, and none in vbulletin.

I'm afraid the move to vBulletin is definite, don't worry that we'll have to pay for it, it's not you are paying, and it's simply better.

The website will under go a lot of changes, we simply think that it is for the good of the website, will have a lot of sections to it. We can not vote on a wide scale for everything, since there are always people who want it and people who don't, if we vote, we'll end up with a lot of flames between the members, it has been half a day since I posted my post about vBulletin and you already started fighting over it.

I repeat, the changes we'll be doing will only be for the benefit of the website, and only to grow it more and make Linux more interresting. That's it, no more, no less.

Thanks,
    Core Wizard.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5