Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
System / Databse is misspelled....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

System / Databse - Misspelled

System / Databse is misspelled.

Just Joined!

Review Missing + Update

1. I wrote a short review for the GIMP. When I logout, I see the review but when I log in as the user who wrote the review and go to the GIMP page, the review is missing (and there is: "This software has not been reviewed yet"). Maybe this appears only after I have made an update, at least it was then when I noticed it.

2. I managed to update the GIMP description, although I am not a trusted user because I still have under 5o posts.

Just Joined!
    tana,
    I removed the ad from the right side. Now everything fits within 1024 without a scroll bar.

Thanks for the feedback!

Jason

Just Joined!
    tana,

fixed the misspelling.

I'm a horrid speller. I'm suprised there are not more

Thanks for the feedback,

Jason

Just Joined!
    tana,
    1. I can't seem to reproduce the bug with the reviews. I added one to the gimp entry and whether I am logged in or not I can see it (and yours). I looked at the review code again just to make sure and I don't see anything that could cause the output to be different whether you are logged in or not :/ I will keep looking at it and let you know if I find anything.

2. You can still do updates to software as long as your are logged in, however they will be submitted for approval before they go live on the site (until you have enough posts to become trusted). In the case of the Gimp update a trusted user reviewed and approved it last night.

Just Joined!
    Right now I am trying to record a screencast about the update of what I see and I will send it to you in a couple of minutes. Actually it seems that it does not update the records in the database, just the onscreen display. But you will see in a minute.

oz
    forum.guy
    Oops... just found another misspelling.

On the blue bar where it says "Most Popular Downloads", the word popular is misspelled.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    It might be good to set the directory up where a "category" must actually be selected with each download because I keep finding new downloads mistakenly left in the current default "Destktop/Applets" category. Hope that makes sense.
    oz

Linux Newbie
    I would suggest removing version information and direct download link, cause links could be outdated and we will not be able to keep versions up to date when downloads database grows too large. It's better to have just a link to the product home page, and let the user to decide himself about download version/language etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RustamB
    It's better to have just a link to the product home page, and let the user to decide himself about download version/language etc.
    IMO that would defeat the whole purpose of having a download section.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast