Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I get allot of different due to unsatisfied alerts, how do I fix this? I tried to install gnome games that comes with mandriva then I got this: "due ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

due to unsatisfied

Hi, I get allot of different due to unsatisfied alerts,
    how do I fix this?

I tried to install gnome games that comes with mandriva then I got this:
    "due to unsatisfied pygtk2.0-libglade"

And when I tried to install Winamp I got this:
    due to unsatisfied xFree86.libs

i'm still new to mandriva but hav you tried an update

Just Joined!
    yes I have

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Hello - This is a case of learning how to use Mandriva's package management system. I use it from the command line, but you might be happier trying the graphical version.

Once you've found that, you need to add some software repositories to your package management front end. I'm not sure which distro you are using, but add files from 'main', 'contrib' and 'updates'. You will need to search for a mirror site in Sweden!

Once you've done that, you need to browse the package manager for those missing files and it will automatically resolve dependencies for you. For example, pygtk2.0-libglade refers to a Python based GTK (graphical) package, needed to display your software on a desktop.

You don't need to bother with Winamp. Instead you could install XMMs which is pretty much the same. In fact ... I can see very little difference. Or install Beep media player, or Amarok.

Learning to use the package manager is an essential part of making your Linux experience a friendly one. If you try to install packages manually - one at a time - you will be frustrated in you efforts ... until you're more experienced.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    I'm using mandriva spring 07.

Mirror Finder Module
    Can I download my updates from here?

Yeah I know! Amarok is great but you can't play dvds in Amarok, I got a problem with loading my dvds I'm using media player (Kmplayer) but there I get an error and it says this:
    Player Xine not loading,

I downloaded and installed xine-lib-1.1.7, but I have still got the same problem, so I thought I would solve the problem by installing a new media player for e.g Winamp,

oz
    forum.guy
    Lots of Mandriva users find that using Easy URPMI is the easiest way to get their package manager setup and working:

Easy Urpmi

Good luck with your efforts.
    oz

Just Joined!
    THANX ALOT!!!! Urpmi is GREAT!

oz
    forum.guy
    Glad it worked out for you!
    oz