Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay, so when I was trying to install an azureus rpm (I haven't found anywhere that explains tar.bz installation well enough for it to work for me), I got an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

RPM troubles....

Okay, so when I was trying to install an azureus rpm (I haven't found anywhere that explains tar.bz installation well enough for it to work for me), I got an error:

Some requested packages cannot be installed:
    azureus-2.5.0.4-2.fc7.i386 (due to unsatisfied libgcj[>=4.1.0-0.15])
    Continue installation anyway?

I've been getting errors like this for awhile, but just figured it was a badly compiled rpm or something, but then after trying to install and "official" rpm from bittorent and having it fail I'm kind of wondering what is wrong?
    If anyone can help with this rpm thing or have a good .tar.bz2 installation tutorial it would be very appreciated!
    Thanks
    Matt

Some requested packages cannot be installed:
    azureus-2.5.0.4-2.fc7.i386 (due to unsatisfied libgcj[>=4.1.0-0.15])
    Continue installation anyway?
    This means there are other files/programs that azureus needs before azureus can be installed. It's called a dependency. Basically you need to install libgcj to continue or the install probably won't work correctly.
    Do you have a working Internet connection, try using yum from the command line.
    Code:
    yum install azureus
    A good .tar.bz2 installation tutorial
    See the man pages in the terminal window
    Code:
    man tar
    Use "tar xjf filename.tar.bz2". The x tells tar to extract, j indicates that it's bz2 compressed (z for gz compression is also common), and the final f indicates that the filename to extract follows. If you want to see the names of all the files, include a v
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.