Results 1 to 1 of 1
I'm running Mandriva 2007 Free Spring. I have downloaded the kernel-source-22.214.171.124mdv-1-1mdv2007.1.rpm and installed in order to recompile kernel for multimedia purposes (JACK, low latency). I did the following steps: 1. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 08-17-2007 #1
Won't compile kernel
I have downloaded the kernel-source-126.96.36.199mdv-1-1mdv2007.1.rpm and installed in order to recompile kernel for multimedia purposes (JACK, low latency). I did the following steps:
2. cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.17-13mdv
3. make mrproper (went without problems)
4. make O=/home/name/build/kernel menuconfig (was OK. then exited the GUI)
5. make O=/home/name/build/kernel ,and got the following error messages:
CC [M] 3rdparty/dfg1394/dfg1394_device.o
/usr/src/linux-2.6.17-13mdv/3rdparty/dfg1394/dfg1394_device.c:1480: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
LD [M] 3rdparty/dfg1394/dfg1394.o
/usr/src/linux-2.6.17-13mdv/3rdparty/dxr3/Makefile:131: /usr/src/linux-2.6.17-13mdv/Rules.make: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux-2.6.17-13mdv/Rules.make'. Stop.
make: *** [3rdparty/dxr3] Error 2
make: *** [3rdparty] Error 2
make: *** [_all] Error 2
1. Where do I'm wrong?
2. How should I correctly compile a proper kernel (step by step please!)
Thanks!If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program: