Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi friends, i am newbie to this forum and also i am newbie to the linux.and i want to know how can i burn the mandriva 2007 images in one ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how to create a bootable dvd using the images of mandriva-2007

hi friends,
    i am newbie to this forum and also i am newbie to the linux.and i want to know how can i burn the mandriva 2007 images in one dvd.and the dvd should be the bootable one.already i have wasted four dvds.please help me using nero.

Which application are you using? Generally you should choose something like "burn cd/dvd image". Do not make the dvd bootable. As soon as your burn the iso it will be bootable. Also do not forget to set your first boot device to cd/dvd in bios
    Linux is like a Teepee, No Windows, No Gates, Only Apache Inside!
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041

Just Joined!
    It is very easy man , What you need is to just burn your ISO image as it ,
    you can choose burn ISO Image , never choose or tick on MAKE IT BOOTABLE.
    Good luck

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by valemon View Post
    Which application are you using? Generally you should choose something like "burn cd/dvd image". Do not make the dvd bootable. As soon as your burn the iso it will be bootable. Also do not forget to set your first boot device to cd/dvd in bios

nero.whether i didnt use the bootable option then how it will boot?already i waste four dvds as writing as a image.

You downloaded cd images and you want to make a bootable dvd with the cd images?
    Linux is like a Teepee, No Windows, No Gates, Only Apache Inside!
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041

Just Joined!
    In nero there should be an iso option for burning iso files onto a dvd. Otherwise use Alcohol 120%, Alcohol 120% is great for burning iso files, I had the same problem when I was going to burn Mandriva, but if you don't want to waste anymore dvd's, use a 800mb cd. If you're burning the Mandriva Spring version then you can burn the iso file onto a cd!! And you can run it from the cd as well just as you can on a live dvd.

oz
    forum.guy
    Don't make the CD/DVD bootable yourself because the .iso image burning process handles that automatically. If you try to make it bootable yourself, the CD/DVD won't work.

Here's a HowTo for properly burning ISO images to a blank disk:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...nstall-cd.html

Let us know how it goes.
    oz