Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Okay so im on a windows machine and I want to make sure I have the right file to burn to one of my last discs. I downloaded it off ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Okay so im on a windows machine and I want to make sure I have the right file to burn to one of my last discs. I downloaded it off of forjamari: Super Grub Disk: Lista de ficheros , the very first one on the CD list. Its sgd_0[1].9598.iso.bz2. Is this right?

oz
    forum.guy
    Yes, that's the latest release. I think you'll need to decompress the file so that it only has the .iso extension when you go to burn it to CD. You can also use this link to download the .iso file:

http://sgd.howto-linux.de/download/b...gd_current.iso
    oz

Just Joined!
    Okay, Ozar, I downloaded that file you gave me and burnt it do disk using Nero. I popped the disk in my linux PC, did boot from disk and it looks like its working and then it freezes on the screen where i pick which language to use. Bad CD? And if its the file, how do I decompress the other file, the sgd_0[1].9598.iso.bz2 file in windows?

Update: Tried two different disks so I doubt the disk is bad.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    That download file works fine for me with no freezes, so I'm not sure what's up with it.

Here's a HowTo explaining how to work with bzip2 file extensions:

Linux Headquarters: bzip2 and bunzip2: Files With .bz2 Extensions
    oz

Did you extract .iso image from downloaded .bz2 package of supergrub?
    Do you have Floppy Driver? If you are having problems with SG CD, you can use Windows 98 Floppy to remove GRUB.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Nah, unfortunately I do not have a floppy drive. And I didnt think that i needed to extract the file because it didnt have a .bz2 or anything at the end of it. But still, I dont know how to extract a .bz2 file using windows. Care to inform me?

Both Winrar and Winzip supports bz2 extraction. Right click on file and check if Winzip Extract appear in context menu.
    Image must have .iso extension and Select Burn Image to Disk option in CD Burner package. Nero has this option in its Menu.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2