Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Another question please - in WinXP, thereīs a utility called Task Manager which displays various system info like RAM, CPU currently being used, programs currently running etc. Even programs that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Another question please - in WinXP, thereīs a utility called Task Manager which displays various system info like RAM, CPU currently being used, programs currently running etc. Even programs that arenīt responding can be stopped from the Task Manager. Is there anything similar to Task Manager in Mandriva?

The reason I am asking this is I couldnīt figure out a way for one of the toys named xfishtank to quit. Finally I had to reboot my machine to quit xfishtank. If thereīs anything similar to Task Manager in Mandriva, then I can exit xfishtank without having to reboot.

BTW, in which directory do packages get installed by default when they are installed using the Software Media Manager? Some of the toys do have help files but the help files donīt exist in the same directory where the executable file resides (unlike Windows where all the files including the help files are stored in one directory on most of the occasions). So I had to search for them. Also the search utility seems to work erratically. For e.g. when I entered xfishtank as the search term & looked for it in the root, on two different occasions, the search yielded two different sets of result!

Thanks,

Ron

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by rn5a View Post
    Another question please - in WinXP, thereīs a utility called Task Manager which displays various system info like RAM, CPU currently being used, programs currently running etc. Even programs that arenīt responding can be stopped from the Task Manager. Is there anything similar to Task Manager in Mandriva?

The reason I am asking this is I couldnīt figure out a way for one of the toys named xfishtank to quit. Finally I had to reboot my machine to quit xfishtank. If thereīs anything similar to Task Manager in Mandriva, then I can exit xfishtank without having to reboot.
    You can kill apps by running the xkill command. It will give you crosshairs and a skull and you place that on the application you want to kill and then click it with the mouse to kill the app.

Go to a terminal and run man xkill for more info.
    oz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2