Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am installing Mandrake 10.1 on a computer built from parts. The motherboard is Dell. I am trying to install a 2-Wire PMCIA Wireless Adapter using a PCI adapter card. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need Driver for 2-Wire Wireless Adapter for 10.1

I am installing Mandrake 10.1 on a computer built from parts. The motherboard is Dell. I am trying to install a 2-Wire PMCIA Wireless Adapter using a PCI adapter card. Numbers from the card: 02UT47333664, T/N 2B802825, P/N 019461/D.

I have used this same adapter on a IBM T-20 laptop with this same OS, so I know it can work.

Can you post the output of
    Code:
    lspci
    That'll tell us the chipset your wireless card uses, and therefore what driver you need.

HTH
    Toodle-oo
    Giles
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are powerless. Our greatest fear is Microsoft"
    Registered linux user #391027

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Can you post the output of
    Code:
    lspci
    That'll tell us the chipset your wireless card uses, and therefore what driver you need.

HTH
    Toodle-oo
    Giles
    lspci does not recognize that an adapter is connected. I tried 2 different adapters, the 2-wire PCMIA mentioned previously and a D-Link DWL-G120 (USB).

I think the problem with the 2-wire may be a connection issue.

The D-Link showed up (as Unknown) when doing a hardware search in Configuration mode.

I think I might have a shot at getting the D-Link to work, since the system at least recongizes that it is there.

lspci does not recognize that an adapter is connected. I tried 2 different adapters, the 2-wire PCMIA mentioned previously and a D-Link DWL-G120 (USB).

I think the problem with the 2-wire may be a connection issue.
    I think you're probably right - unfortunately I kinda suck at hardware, so I wont be able to help on that.

The D-Link showed up (as Unknown) when doing a hardware search in Configuration mode.
    I think I might have a shot at getting the D-Link to work, since the system at least recongizes that it is there.
    Righto - the only thing to add at this point is that if something's connected by usb, you don't use the "lspci" command - you might be able to guess that instead, it's
    Code:
    lsusb
    HTH
    Giles
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are powerless. Our greatest fear is Microsoft"
    Registered linux user #391027