Find the answer to your Linux question:
My old Medion scanner is clapped out now and although it still manages to do a 100dpi scan it won't go above this for some reason. It only works on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New Scanner

My old Medion scanner is clapped out now and although it still manages to do a 100dpi scan it won't go above this for some reason. It only works on my XP machine anyway.
    Now, since it's likely that I will be getting a new scanner shortly then if anyone can let me know of any that has support for Mandriva 2007, preferably a self executing setup installation, it would be appreciated.
    My price bracket is around 60ish and the better the resolution and speed of scan the better it would be.

I'm happy with my Canon CanoScan LiDE60 USB flatbed scanner. It works with most distributions as long as you have up-to-date libsane packages. It's a couple of years old and at the time it cost me $50USD. I'm not sure what that would cost you now, or what that would be in pounds.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Mustek

I have a Mustek 1200 UB Plus. Works greatly with a SANE firmware.
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

Just about anything HP will work with linux. I have an old ScanJet 3300C that I was given for free that I use. I suggest just checking the manufacturer's website for a linux driver before buying the product.
    Two levels higher than a newb.
    (I can search google)