Find the answer to your Linux question:
Yeah, I'm a bit of a Linux newbie. I just installed my copy of Mandrake Linux 10.0, and It's really great. I messed around with WINE and Cedega for a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless Card not Compatible?

Yeah, I'm a bit of a Linux newbie. I just installed my copy of Mandrake Linux 10.0, and It's really great. I messed around with WINE and Cedega for a while before I undertook the dillema of my internet. I was hoping it would work fine. Alas, to my dismay, it isn't. I use the Netgear WG311 802.11G Wireless PCI Adapter Wireless Card and a regular WG311 Netgear router. I use the configuration utility (X-something, just like 80% of all the fricken applications on Linux ) and it says "No supported network card found".

It works just fine on my Windows partition of my HDD, and also works fine for our Macintosh computers in the house. I've tried looking for drivers but none of them seem to be Linux-orientated. Do any of you use this card or have any solutions? I'd HATE to resort to having to get an Ethernet wire, and even though I have an ethernet card, my router is down in the basement, which would mean drilling a hole in the floor somewhere to get the cord downstairs...

Help, PLEASE!

dt2
    Just Joined!