Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to try to install Mandriva on my laptop. Unfortunately it is an old laptop. It is an ibook with a powerpc 3 700 mHz processor. It has 128 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Questions about compatibility

I want to try to install Mandriva on my laptop. Unfortunately it is an old laptop. It is an ibook with a powerpc 3 700 mHz processor. It has 128 of ram in it. Now i dont believe it can run the current version Is there an older version that i can install on here. Please respond. Thanks

the minumum requriment of RAM for current Mandriva version is 256mb

Mandriva 2006 recommonds 128 mb RAM, but i think you still face problems with RAM

i recommond you to go for a latest Distro like Xubuntu whih runs on slower systems
    life is the greatest opportunity that the nature had given you

Just Joined!
    Does it have a similar look like Mandriva, i liked the look of mandriva because it sort of looked like windows.

Mandriva uses KDE desktop environment which requires a fare amount of memory resources.

while Xubuntu which is a Ubuntu based distro uses Xfce environment which requires less memory

Xubuntu doesn't give the beautifull look provided by KDE but regarding other factors like stability,performance it's a fare one.
    life is the greatest opportunity that the nature had given you