Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello guys!!! hi i chose Mandriva as my first linux lately, now for school reasons i need to install windows back again but without loosing Mandriva, i will like to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to install Windows XP after Mandriva

hello guys!!!

hi i chose Mandriva as my first linux lately, now for school reasons i need to install windows back again but without loosing Mandriva, i will like to have the option to choose wich OS can start whenever i turn on the Laptop...

I hope someone can help me soon, Thanks

Hi and Welcome !

If you install Windows OS after Linux, it may or may not work. Create a free space for Windows OS and install Windows. After Windows Installation, boot up from Mandriva Installation CD/DVD and re-install Boot Loader ( GRUB ).
    Boot up Mandriva and execute fdisk -l command in Terminal/Konsole. Post output here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    I already install Windows Xp and i also re-install the mandriva boot..........

i will like to know now how can i modify the boot system so it will ask me what i want Win or Linux...............

thnx 4 ur help!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by oskarmv View Post
    I already install Windows Xp and i also re-install the mandriva boot..........

i will like to know now how can i modify the boot system so it will ask me what i want Win or Linux...............

thnx 4 ur help!!
    Hey,
    You can set the option you want in your /etc/grub.conf under your mandriva linux either for windows first boot or mandriva.
    If you want to set windows as your first boot set default option under your grub.conf to 1 that means it should be exactly as below:-

default=1
    Otherwise if you want mandriva its default set to 0 so no need to make changes.
    Regards,

who |grep -i blonde |
    date; cd~; unzip; touch;
    strip; finger; mount; gasp;
    yes; uptime; umount;
    sleep

Newbie clicks
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ead-first.html

All Linux Distros install boot loader ( GRUB/Lilo ) and setup dual boot by default. You dont have to do anything special. Linux installer will setup dual boot itself and you will have choice to boot up either OS at startup.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First