Find the answer to your Linux question:
I cannot get my broadcom 4318 to work for the life of me. I am running Mandriva 2008 One on an Acer Aspire 3003 WLCi. I am following an ndiswrapper ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ndiswrapper error - need help

I cannot get my broadcom 4318 to work for the life of me. I am running Mandriva 2008 One on an Acer Aspire 3003 WLCi. I am following an ndiswrapper install instruction page. I have gotton pretty far but have come to a road block. I am being asked for Kernel build files in KBUILD. I have installed the kernel source and now it is giving me the folowing output:

[root@localhost ndiswrapper-1.48]# KBUILD=/usr/src/linux-`uname -r`
    [root@localhost ndiswrapper-1.48]# cp -p /boot/config-`uname -r` $KBUILD/.config
    cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/src/linux-2.6.22.9-desktop586-1mdv/.config': No such file or directory
    [root@localhost ndiswrapper-1.48]# make
    make -C driver
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mcgrail/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.48/driver'
    Can't find kernel build files in ;
    give the path to kernel build directory with
    KBUILD=<path> argument to make
    make[1]: *** [prereq_check] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mcgrail/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.48/driver'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    [root@localhost ndiswrapper-1.48]#

It's won't allow me to make the newest ndiswrapper version for me to continue. Any suggestions?

Mike

And you are sure the kernel sources are installed? Assuming they are, I've never built ndiswrapper from Mandriva, but I think... if it is like Fedora... the kernel "build" file should be in /lib/modules/<your present kernel>so first go:
    Code:
    uname -a
    to see your exact kernel version, then do:
    Code:
    cd /lib/modules
    Code:
    ls
    and find what matches your exact kernel version, then "cd" into it. Inside there should be a file called "build" this needs to be sylinked back to the sources in /usr/src... again... to the correct kernel. To see if it points back to the correct sources, do:
    Code:
    ls -l build
    Does it say it's pointing back to the correct version? If not, make the symlink...
    Code:
    ln -s /lib/modules/<correst_kernel_version>/build /usr/src/<correct_kernel_source>
    Fedora puts the sources in /usr/src/kernel. I *think* Mandriva just puts it in /usr/src, but I could be wrong...
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 10-12-2007 at 05:40 PM.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here