Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone. I'm new to Linux. Few days ago I installed Mandriva Linux 2008. I have 2 HDDs so after installation second HDD still had NTFS file system. I changed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Can't create files in my second HDD

Hello everyone. I'm new to Linux. Few days ago I installed Mandriva Linux 2008.
    I have 2 HDDs so after installation second HDD still had NTFS file system. I changed it in Linux file system which now is ext3. But the problem is that I can copy to and copy from this HDD, but I can't create any folders or files on this my second HDD. And also I can't move files (music, movies etc.) from first HDD (where my installed Linux are) to second HDD which now also have ext3 file system.
    I set permissions many times, but seems I can't do anything more, because that's not working for me
    HDD in which Linux are installed using IDE and second HDD using SCSI.
    I don't know anything about programming, so would be really helpful if somebody would help me to solve my problem
    And also I'm not going back to bloody Windows, so please, help me!!! I want to learn more, then I will be able to help others with similar or other problems.
    Thank you, guys a lot

Just Joined!

Thumbs up

Hey i solved the problem
    Seems that i was logged in as non root account. so i went into permissions settings which is on System Tools/Configure Your Computer and messed around with the permissions and groups for my account. i added my account into root and adm groups and now i'm able to create files on that HDD and move files in there. Who knows...maybe would be enough only to set as aroot group or only as a adm group, but i think if my account belongs to both groups it not very bad anyway