Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi well, The first time I installed mandriva on on a hd i had no problems but after some time i decided to use windows in other partition too. First ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installation problem...

Hi
    well, The first time I installed mandriva on on a hd i had no problems but after some time i decided to use windows in other partition too.

First i cleaned all the Hd again..
    then i installed the winxp on a partition and let some unformated space for mandriva
    on mandriva instalation i used "auto alocate" to configure the free space for mandriva intalation but when it starts to install the installation program always freeze in some part(random parts, i tried many times)
    when this happends i can only move the cursor of the mouse but the instalation dont go ahead. No warnings, no messages, nothing. The dvddrive isn't reading anything, and i have to reset the sistem
    The installation DVD is fine.

some idea? Thx

How much room is there on the spare partition? Mandriva needs quite a lot.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    /10Gb
    /swap 3Gb
    /home 35Gb

That's more than enough space... When you try to install does it warn you where it's going to install to? You need to specify / for system files, /swap and then /home for personal space. Then choose a file system for each partition. Sorry if this sounds obvious, but I have no idea what else to suggest at this point.

Just for interest, how did you wipe the hdd?
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso