Find the answer to your Linux question:
Mandriva failed to boot after the installation I have installed Mandriva after the installation in the boot options i clicked linux Just a blue screen appears that's all when i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Mandriva failed to boot after installation

Mandriva failed to boot after the installation

I have installed Mandriva after the installation in the boot options i clicked linux

Just a blue screen appears that's all

when i gave Esc button it shows this keep on

Sda : Current : sense key : No sense
    Additional sense : No Additional sense info
    Last edited by devils casper; 11-02-2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: removed font size and bold tags

Just Joined!
    Some one help me

Just Joined!
    I have exactly the same problem and I am stumped.

I am using Mandriva for four years now and every single version I tried could be installed on every computer I tried, although some versions were useless with all the bugs.

I downloaded Mandriva 2008.0 One and although it starts fine, I could find absolutely no option to install.

So I downloaded the 2 CD version and during installation I got an error message that a file on CD 1 was faulty but in the end all three CD's installed. When I restarted same problem: Progress was as far as the first splash screen and I could not even enter verbose mode by pressing ESC.

I downloaded the first CD form another mirror but exactly the same problem during installation and not boot.

So I downloaded the DVD version and installation was clean, but with the first start up exactly the same problem. It only progresses tot the first splash screen and I could not even press ESC to see some messages.

All versions downloaded were for i586.

I am running a Intel P4 2.8 Ghz with a Gigabyte GA-8IG1000 Pro-G motherboard and a matched pair 512 Mb Memory. 80GB SATA and a 20 GB IDE hard drive with DVD and CD writers.

Could anyone help?

Just Joined!
    The version i downloaded is Mandriva powerpack string i586 Dvd

My sys config

Intel Dualcore 2.80GHz
    Motherboard D102
    Ram 512

If u want how i did my partition also i will tell

I am now downloading Mandriva 2008 Powerpack i586..
    Last edited by devils casper; 11-02-2007 at 02:48 PM. Reason: removed font size and bold tag.