Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i downloaded Mandriva linux ONE 2008. Only one cd there. My PC was booted by that cd and after some configurations (language, timezone) it went to a pretty desktop. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

what is live install

Hi, i downloaded Mandriva linux ONE 2008. Only one cd there. My PC was booted by that cd and after some configurations (language, timezone) it went to a pretty desktop. I thought the installation was over. But i was unable to log in as a root. Then i found 'Live install'. I am confused. Is 'Live install' a part of the Mandriva 2008 installation?

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    From what you have described, you did not actually install anything. What you did was boot into the live cd. If you want to install Mandriva Linux One, then you have to click on the "live install" icon and follow the dialogues.

Just Joined!
    Thanks. I am confused by the name 'Live Install'. I don't know how this name comes. Anyway, it's OK as long as what to do next.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Live Install means that install the live cd to hard disk. The installation simply copies the live cd image to hard disk hence the name Live Install.