Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
did anyone ever had trouble when they rezised a partition with mandriva to dual boot??...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dual boot

did anyone ever had trouble when they rezised a partition with mandriva to dual boot??

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    I've never had any problems with resized partitions for a dual boot, but its always important to backup your important data before tinkering with partitions.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by shayvasa View Post
    did anyone ever had trouble when they rezised a partition with mandriva to dual boot??
    I'm not sure I understand the question.

Are you saying that you resized a partition and now mandriva will no longer dual boot?

If so, that doesn't sound likely unless you made one or more partitions too small and now the system can't boot.

Did you add or remove any partitions when you were working with them?
    oz

Just Joined!
    nono...i didnt install mandriva yet cause i want to rezise my win xp partition but i heard this can delete my files so i wanna know if that ever happened

nono...i didnt install mandriva yet cause i want to rezise my win xp partition but i heard this can delete my files so i wanna know if that ever happened
    It doesn't matter if its happened before ... its too late for you if you havn't backed up user data and your system bombs

oz
    forum.guy
    To play it safe, you should defrag your WinXP partitions before fooling with them, and like the poster above, it's always smart to keep a backup on hand for those times when something should go wrong.
    oz

Just Joined!
    okj thanx a lot

Just Joined!
    I Need Help!!!! I Was Rezising Win Xp And When It Was Done It Earased My Windows!!! What Can I Do?? Help Me Plz

I Need Help!!!! I Was Rezising Win Xp And When It Was Done It Earased My Windows!!! What Can I Do?? Help Me Plz
    LOL Did you install Mandriva over it? Or did you format it?

Either way, if you want Windows you're probably going to just have to reinstall Windows. Unless you didn't actually remove it and it just isn't in the boot menu or something.....

Try to give more specific details. You will get much more helpful answers that way.

If your after system recovery then I suggest you look at downloads ... distributions ... rescue - link Rescue - Linux Downloads Directory these will give you the best chance of recovering data - but in order for them to work you need to avoid writing to your hard disk. Both the recovery systems are live CDs which you can boot from.
    I think both systems have the testdisk program which can recover partition table info. There is another utility to search for data files as well on the CDs (website links give info).

Using these may get you back data (but there is no guarantee of this - hence warnings about data backup). Depending how well the utility can recover information will mean you either need to backup data and continue use or install required operating systems and applications from installation CDs.

Suggest if you need to recover data you try that & repost with specific questions after that ... try to avoid running the OS from hard disk or writing data to it until you have finished using the data recovery stuff and backed it up. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast