Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by Zirconium Hi, I'm decided to see if that false to true thing would work with Ubuntu, so I'm running from my Kubuntu live CD, and it worked, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirconium View Post
    Hi, I'm decided to see if that false to true thing would work with Ubuntu, so I'm running from my Kubuntu live CD, and it worked, plus I was able to use the RPM from packages.ubuntu.com

plus, many people use the Ubuntu distros, so my question is, would it be easier to go back to Ubuntu/ Kubuntu, as it would seem I have some how received a buggy copy of Mandriva?
    I don't understand what you mean.

1. If you can run an RPM from Kubuntu you're doing well because it's an apt-based distro
    2. What's a 'false to true thing'?
    3. It appears from previous posts that you got Firefox working (though this is also unclear).

If you can run Firefox from a command line, you can also run it from your desktop.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Exclamation Do not leave Mandriva

I will list you some arguments to stay:
    1. Package handling is far better and easier.
    2. I found Ubuntu/Kubuntu live session being either paranoic or idiot: you must by hand create the mounting points and to mount the existing partition (absolutely no use of that philosophy)
    3. CD/DVD handling troubles: it cannot handle udf and iso9960 filesystems at the same time even it is mentioned in fstab.
    4. Harmony of gcc, the kernel and the kernel-source. When I'm building something it simply works.
    5. Low-latency kernel's availability.
    Keep away the Ubuntus!

Better idea: try to download another copy of Mandriva 2007 Spring DVD. I never had any troubles with it.
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by fingal View Post
    I don't understand what you mean.

1. If you can run an RPM from Kubuntu you're doing well because it's an apt-based distro
    2. What's a 'false to true thing'?
    3. It appears from previous posts that you got Firefox working (though this is also unclear).

If you can run Firefox from a command line, you can also run it from your desktop.
    1, no I mean with a deb file
    2, the thing you said to type in "about:config"
    3, Yes I did, but I was having too much trouble with Mandriva, but with the Ubuntu's I did received almost as much, but the fix was a fairly easy one, so I now have Kubuntu Installed

But thanks for all the help anyway, especially the help with "about:config"

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by minthaka View Post
    I will list you some arguments to stay:
    1. Package handling is far better and easier.
    2. I found Ubuntu/Kubuntu live session being either paranoic or idiot: you must by hand create the mounting points and to mount the existing partition (absolutely no use of that philosophy)
    3. CD/DVD handling troubles: it cannot handle udf and iso9960 filesystems at the same time even it is mentioned in fstab.
    4. Harmony of gcc, the kernel and the kernel-source. When I'm building something it simply works.
    5. Low-latency kernel's availability.
    Keep away the Ubuntus!

Better idea: try to download another copy of Mandriva 2007 Spring DVD. I never had any troubles with it.
    Sorry but you made me even more confused

Besides it really doesn't bother me on which Distro I'm using, as long as I'm not receiving too many problems, and can easily adapt to what I want to do

Plus I find the Ubuntu's more user friendly, but that's my opinion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3