Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am running a slightly older version of mandriva on my thinkpad 600x laptop (500mhz, 192mb ram). It was shipped with kernel 2.6.8.1-12mdk. I run KDE and everything ran ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

suspend won't wake up if X is running

Hello,

I am running a slightly older version of mandriva on my thinkpad 600x laptop (500mhz, 192mb ram).
    It was shipped with kernel 2.6.8.1-12mdk. I run KDE and everything ran just fine.

However, in June I compiled my own kernel, 2.6.21.5, and installed that on the system. Everything runs great (even better than before), except for a few things.

If my system is in suspend mode, and X is running, the system will not come out. The screen will come up, but the system becomes unresponsive. I can move the mouse but nothing in X works. I can hit ctrl+alt+f2 to raise the tty2 login screen, where I can enter my username, but it then hangs and never gets to the password prompt. SSHd doesn't respond to remote connections. Effectively, if I wish to put the system in standby/suspend, I must first exit X, which is very annoying.

I modified /etc/sysconfig/suspend and disabled LOCK_XFREE and set "CHANGE_VT" to 7...

With the old kernel it worked fine.
    Is there something I should modify in my kernel's make menuconfig? Or a different suspend setting I should set? Or some other package I should (re)compile?

Please help...

-Eric
    Last edited by oldneuro; 12-10-2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: correction

Just Joined!
    Ah never mind. I just fixed it, it seems to have been a problem in /etc/sysconfig/suspend RESUME_SERVICES, I disabled them all and it fixed the problem apparently.