Find the answer to your Linux question:
ive been using mandriva 2007 spring free for a while but recently i tried updating my system but after a few min my system hangs and i have to manually ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

mandriva crashes

ive been using mandriva 2007 spring free for a while but recently i tried updating my system but after a few min my system hangs and i have to manually reboot then gotta repair everything with fsck . its all kinda wierd

Unhappy

I think, the upgrade is still a kind of science-fiction for Linux. I've tried to do some simple program upgrades and It caused my system to crash, or some applications not to work. I can't recommend you to upgrade. I don't like at all, the way they allways use newer and newer libc6 libraries without compatibility for the older versions. I think that would be a pure question of naming conventions of the functions within the libraries. Of course that would lead to an increased size of RPM packages, but that would affect only the vital libraries. Now, when I want to use some never version of Gimp for instance, If I want everything to go O.K I must completelly move to Mandriva 2008. That's a pity!
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188