Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm brand new to Linux, using Mandrake 9.2 and the Gnome desktop. I have everything running just fine, except that when I try to start Nautilus it crashes. Leaves ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Nautilus crashes

Hi,

I'm brand new to Linux, using Mandrake 9.2 and the Gnome desktop. I have everything running just fine, except that when I try to start Nautilus it crashes. Leaves a "core" file in my /home/username directory and never starts.

What's odd is that it was working fine a couple of days ago when I first got Linux running. The first time it crashed was when I double-clicked on my "Home" icon on the desktop after configuring Nautilus to show files in "list" mode rather than icons.

I'm sorry for the lack of detail here, but I'm still finding my way. Any help is apprecaited.

Thanks in advance.

Just Joined!

Additional information

Today, I tried running nautilus from a terminal window, rather than using one of the GUI methods, I've used before. This time I noticed an error message: "Segmentation fault (core dumped".

I don't know if this will help anyone diagnose the problem. (I also tried un-installing and re-installing nautilus, but received this same error again.)