Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
The thing about urpmi is that it retrieves the packages for you from the Mandriva repositories. I'm not sure but I would assume pidgin is provided by the default urpmi ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

The thing about urpmi is that it retrieves the packages for you from the Mandriva repositories. I'm not sure but I would assume pidgin is provided by the default urpmi repositories. Therefore, all you would ahve to do to install it is run the commands I gave you. It would go out on the internet and retrieve those packages for you, download them and run the commands needed to install it. You wouldn't have to do anything beyond that except for running the program.

You might also want to take a look at easyurmpi.

I can tell you from previously using Mandriva myself for a good while, Pidgin can be found in the software management. It's just a matter of downloading the correct packages and repositories that have what you're looking for. If you configure your media sources, select one or two repositories from France (you'll see what I mean by that when you go to do it). Then apply your changes and run a search for Pidgin in the software management program. If nothing comes up, you have two other options:

1) navigate the left column to Network/Instant Message/ and then browse the options on the right.

2) type in kde-pidgin

Some programs are listed as KDE, meaning: they are listed as a KDE program, so you have to include that when browsing the program names. Hope this helps.

Lightbulb

Hi fuelthevendetta,

I have recently installed Mandriva 2008 on to a desk top system and can confirm that gaim seems to part of the main core of this distribution and can be located in /usr/share/apps.

Use the search - find file facility under menu>Find Files search option.

Q Do you use KDE or gnome? ( I think this may make a different)

I hope this is of help

jnike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2