Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: Amarok problem?

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Amarok problem?

I have finally upgraded to Mandriva One 2008 and with a lot of help from the members of this forum i am up and running. But for some reason i am unable to play audio CD's using Amarok. I am using Amarok 1.4.7 (KDE 3.5.7).
    The Amarok program open and starts to play the audio cd for a few seconds before it becomes all jittery and full of static?

I have been told to try out the VLC Media Player but i can't find it under Sound & Video in the main menu.

All help and advice is really appreciated. Big thanks

forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddraig_oed View Post
    I have been told to try out the VLC Media Player but i can't find it under Sound & Video in the main menu.
    I'm not sure that VLC comes installed on a default Mandriva system.

If it doesn't, you could probably set up urpmi using easy urpmi if you haven't done so already, and then install it that way.
    oz

I recommend you to wait for the Mandriva 2008 Spring release. Till then use Mandriva 2007 instead. I'm using it for 6 months without any problems. It is THE STABLE OS. The pre-releases are buggy. Why do you want to upgrade to 2008?
    I'm waiting for the next complete release too, now it's only at Alpha 2. phase.
    Just to compare M - 2007 and Gutsy:
    Gutsy has:
    - Inkscape 0.46 svn version
    - Gimp 2.42
    - Open Office 2.3 with a serious bug in Calc
    - Gambas2 working
    - Xine without DVD menu support.
    Mandriva 2007 has:
    - Gimp 2.3 with bugs
    - Full multimedia support
    - Open Office 2.2
    Part of these facts are related to the developers and not to the distro, but all in all the M-2007 FAR better than Gutsy, which is 6 months newer.With hand sewed upgrades you'll continue to have problems, I know it from my experience.Consider this.
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Have you tried using kaffeine to play your audio cds try it out see if you get the same problem