Find the answer to your Linux question:
first thing is im a newbie to linux systems when i go into mandriva linux control center and go to the boot section click on it and bring up and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation can not install imagemagick

first thing is im a newbie to linux systems when i go into mandriva linux control center and go to the boot section click on it and bring up and click on setup boot graphicaltheme of system to change my boot screen it tells me i need to install imagemagick when i click ok it starts install stops and displays could not install imagemagick any help is thanked for in advance

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, pawpaw!

If you are using KDE, I was thinking that imagemagick got installed with it by default.

If not, you should be able to install it easily by setting up urpmi through Easy URPMI and then going to the command line, su to root, and then issue this command:

Code:
    urpmi imagemagick
    Have fun with your Manrdriva system.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Welcome to the forums, pawpaw!

If you are using KDE, I was thinking that imagemagick got installed with it by default.

If not, you should be able to install it easily by setting up urpmi through Easy URPMI and then going to the command line, su to root, and then issue this command:

Code:
    urpmi imagemagick
    Have fun with your Manrdriva system.
    thx ozar it worked very new to linux system have had 3 sabayon 1 linux mint 1PCLinusOS 1 debian and this one think i may stick with this sabayon was nice but still to seem to have some problems got to search for hotw to run the commands in konsole on here they seem to be different with each os again thx

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Glad that worked for you!

Don't hesistate to post new threads with any new questions.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw
    this one think i may stick with this sabayon was nice but still to seem to have some problems got to search for hotw to run the commands in konsole on here they seem to be different with each os again thx
    Basic commands are same for all Distributions but commands for package installation depends on the Package Manager used by distro.
    Check linuxcommand.org for basic shell commands and check this tutorial on how to install software in Linux.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

linuxcommands.org

thx for the info devil will be looking at it been on windows since 1995 hard to break old habits