Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, i am just a newb to linux. just installed mandriva 2008, i activated the 3D desktop option in it and when i logged back again the screen went totally ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandriva 2008 help needed

hi,
    i am just a newb to linux. just installed mandriva 2008, i activated the 3D desktop option in it and when i logged back again the screen went totally blank the mouse is still working, i suppose that the display driver is not installed. how to get back the x window to normal display or how to revert back the changes i made or how to deactivate the 3D desktop function. i am not able to know ow to do so kindly help.

with regards

Aravind Kumar Singh

Quote Originally Posted by Aravind Singh View Post
    hi,
    i activated the 3D desktop option in it and when i logged back again the screen went totally blank the mouse is still working.
    Ihave the flip side of story:
    I deactivated the 3D Desktop, and I can not log in as It goes into infite loop like thing..
    My data at stake!!!
    but I can login in console login..
    Please help us both
    dr_smit
    Registered Linux User # 442381
    You get life once....... If you live right, once is enough!
    Mandriva 2008, CentOS 5, Sabalyon..

Just Joined!

I had the same trouble a while ago.

Hey guys.
    I have been watching this post to see if you were assisted.
    Not as yet so i decided i would try.
    First of all it happened to me quite a while ago and i am not a linux expert by any stretch of the imagination.
    I have been racking my brain to remember how i fixed it. I think by memory i logged in with safe mode. Then started the control centre and went to hardware. (where the 3d setup is) and then to setup graphic server and setup graphics again. Then reboot and fingers crossed it will work.
    Like i said it was a while ago but i think thats how i fixed it.
    I guess you could also try the disk and do a repair??? might work.

Sorry i couldnt be more help, i will ask a mate tonight who also had this problem... Funny thing is i helped him fix it also. He hopefully remembers.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    thank you fr your response and hoping that u will eb back with more details until that time i try to do the same....but buddy do find out more details from ur friend and do tell me...
    waiting
    Aravind Kumar Singh