Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, Ok, here's the deal. IBM Thinkpad 560X with a PCMCIA CD-ROM. The BIOS doesn't allow me to run the PCMCIA CD-ROM when the computer starts up. It's able to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Booting two floppies

Hey,
    Ok, here's the deal. IBM Thinkpad 560X with a PCMCIA CD-ROM. The BIOS doesn't allow me to run the PCMCIA CD-ROM when the computer starts up. It's able to boot from floppy though.
    Right now... I can get the CD-ROM working when I put in a 98 boot disk for it. Or I can also get the Mandrake Linux boot floppy to work.
    Here's the problem... once I get the Mandrake boot floppy running, I can't get the CD-ROM drive working, which means that I can't install anything. If I boot from the 98 boot floppy, I can't get the Mandrake Boot floppy to work.

So... is there a way to boot both? or to boot the 98 floppy, then the Mandrake floppy?

Oh... and I have Mandrake Linux on this (IBM T40)... so I've installed it before. This BIOS allows boot from CD... that's why it worked perfectly...

Just Joined!
    I'm having the same exact problem. Mandriva (mandrake 10) prompts me for extra drivers. So I made the cdrom.img floppy with rawritewin. However, when I use it after already booting from the boot floppy, it says that the floppy is not a Linux ext2 floppy. If I try to just boot from this floppy, it still doesn't see the cdrom. I'm totally stuck here.