Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a WMP54G linksys wireless ethernet card and when I go to set up the card, it already has a list of drivers for me to use. However I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wirless Problem with Desktop.

I have a WMP54G linksys wireless ethernet card and when I go to set up the card, it already has a list of drivers for me to use. However I am unaware of which driver to use. The list is as follows:

RaLink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI

Manufacturer_Realtek_RTL1887_wireless

Use a Windows Driver with ndiswrapper

Again I am unsure as to which driver I should use for the card and any help would also be appreciated. I am new to the Open Source Linux World.

Honestly i think you should visit the manufacturer of your device's website and check if they have opensource drivers for your device then compile them yourself

Just Joined!

Smile

Try using the "RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI" driver module first. If that does not work then try the windoz driver with the NDIS wrapper

I'm interested in this topic too. Recently I've installed Mandriva 2007 on a laptop with the same wireless card, tried out the rt61-firmware rpm package for this platform, and it could recognize the wireless networks, it also listed the names of providers, but wasn't able to connect to it. It caused the particular system to crash, and to boot up very slowly. Please let me know if you succeeded, because I'll try to install the M2008 on the laptop.
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188