Find the answer to your Linux question:
Its very important for me too.. I need to start a program on startup, for example, superkaramba, Aterm or anyone in suse 10.3 Is there any idea?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need to start a program on startup

Its very important for me too.. I need to start a program on startup, for example, superkaramba, Aterm or anyone in suse 10.3

Is there any idea?

Just Joined!

Just a work around.

What i do for stuff i want to run at startup or at whatever intervals is run a cron job from within webmin.
    I think you can go into the init.d area and create a script for there but i am not sure how to do this.
    But for me as i have full access to my system and run webmin.. i simply run cron jobs.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kapuera View Post
    Its very important for me too.. I need to start a program on startup, for example, superkaramba, Aterm or anyone in suse 10.3

Is there any idea?
    If you are using KDE, you can create desktop files in ~/.kde/Autostart and enter commands to run your programs in these files e.g. for aterm, you could create an aterm.desktop and enter the command "exec aterm" or just "aterm" (both without quotes.

Just Joined!
    daark.child, thanx for your answer and your intrest..

You are right, i resolve my request via your answer,

Now i need to one more.. This resolve is for KDE, if i need to start a script when computer starts, for example fwbuilder script install.. What can i do?
    Thanx..

Put the commands to start the script in /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

Just Joined!
    I really have trouble about startups , if you allow i have on more question,

How can i disable default startup programs? For examle, konsole is running on login, but i use Eterm..

Thank you very much..

Regarts..

I've never known konsole to start automatically. You could try the following:
    1) make sure Konsole is not running
    2) Kcontrol -> KDE Components -> Session Manager -> Start with an empty session
    3) Logout and back in again

If Konsole does not run, then the problem is sorted and if you want to restore previous sessions when you login just reverse change your session settings accordingly.