Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone. I was having a hard time the past few weeks getting any type of linux installed on my old dell pc. I eventually got mandriva 2008 to work ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Arrow Mandriva 2008 Bluescreen at startup

Hello everyone. I was having a hard time the past few weeks getting any type of linux installed on my old dell pc. I eventually got mandriva 2008 to work and i was using it fine for 2 days. All of a sudden today, upon startup i get a solid blue screen with the mouse pointer in the center, I cannot move or do anything after this point. I even tried to reinstall from the mandrivaone disk and it doesnt let me boot live anymore.

What are my option? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Just Joined!
    I am also facing same kind of problem that BLUESCREEN is showing at the startup in MANDRIVA 2008. When I logout using keyboard shortcut, It shows the login screen perfectly but when I provide USERNAME and PASSWORD and presses ENTER, it shows just a BLUE SCREEN with MOUSE POINTER. Noting is going beyond this point.

Actually I was using "No 3D Desktop Effects". I just switched on the "Compiz Fusion". It asked me to logoff to take the effect. I logged off. SInce then this problem I am facing. If anyone has got the solution, do post here.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynRX7 View Post
    Hello everyone. I was having a hard time the past few weeks getting any type of linux installed on my old dell pc. I eventually got mandriva 2008 to work and i was using it fine for 2 days. All of a sudden today, upon startup i get a solid blue screen with the mouse pointer in the center, I cannot move or do anything after this point. I even tried to reinstall from the mandrivaone disk and it doesnt let me boot live anymore.

What are my option? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    I have re-installed Mandriva 2008 and now its working fine. Knoppix helped me. I would suggest you to set your BIOS for boot fro CD-ROM and try to use live cd of MANDRIVA 2008 and backup your data if any and re-install MANDRIVA 2008 as nobody here is responding to query.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close