Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, to be honest, ive never even seen what Linux looks like, i just heard it was awesome and i want to try it out. I have a Mac, with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wayy New To This

Hey, to be honest, ive never even seen what Linux looks like, i just heard it was awesome and i want to try it out. I have a Mac, with leopard and Parallels Desktop. I downloaded the latest Mandriva One Linux for free, and searched all over the place trying to figure out how to install it. I wanted to install Mandriva Linux as another VM on Parallels. I tried copying the whole iso image download to a cd, dvd, and even downloading a boot.iso image and putting that on a cd. I ran all of these through Parallels, nothing seems to be working. I even tried to connect directly to the MandrivaOne image file in Parallels devices. This didnt work either. I was just wondering, can you put linux on Parallels? if you can, PLEASE help me, I can't figure it out.

--Thanks,

Christian

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    I've never used Parallels but according to their site you should be able to install Linux. What you need to do with the iso is to burn it as a cd image and not a normal data disc.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

Check this HowTo for info on properly burning your downloaded ISO file to disk as an image:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ll-cd-dvd.html
    oz

Just Joined!
    Thanks alot! i switched Toast's burning info to Iso, and it worked great! I dont know if i still have to continue to boot from the cd or what, but ill figure it out now..
    THANKS!