Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey, quick check. I booted linux a while ago as a VM through a "boot.iso" image CD i made, and that booted Linux just fine. (MandrivaOne by the way) and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installation cd

hey, quick check. I booted linux a while ago as a VM through a "boot.iso" image CD i made, and that booted Linux just fine. (MandrivaOne by the way) and i wanted to install it. I tried to boot and it wouldnt work, i tried to boot from the disc i used first, and that didnt work. I dont think i made the installation CD right. I used Roxio Toast 6 titanium and formatted it to burn as an ISO image. I put the whole 5 directories and the whole MandrivaOne file i had downloaded(694.7 mb file) I burnt this whole file as an image CD. During the linux CD/ROM installation, it says that the CD is not a MandrivaOne installation CD. Would the installation CD be just the boot.iso image? could anybody help me? or even know of a useful tutorial?

--Thanks,

a newbie.

oz
    forum.guy
    Check this HowTo for making sure that you download, burn, and boot Linux properly:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...ll-cd-dvd.html

Let us know how it goes.
    oz

Just Joined!

worked great!

Thanks!, it worked great and now its fully installed!

oz
    forum.guy
    Glad to hear it... don't hesitate to post additional threads with any new questions!
    oz