Find the answer to your Linux question:
I notice they don't have any 64-bit one edition. Is there an option for someone who wants to use proprietary drivers/software with 64 bit, other than buying the powerpack? Can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question about free/one editions

I notice they don't have any 64-bit one edition. Is there an option for someone who wants to use proprietary drivers/software with 64 bit, other than buying the powerpack? Can I download the proprietary stuff after installing the free edition or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Resu Xunil View Post
    I notice they don't have any 64-bit one edition. Is there an option for someone who wants to use proprietary drivers/software with 64 bit, other than buying the powerpack? Can I download the proprietary stuff after installing the free edition or anything?
    Yes, you can. I assume you're talking about things like DVD support, 3D drivers and other multimedia playback like MP3/WMV/MPG? Those can all be added on afterward for free.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

oz
    forum.guy
    Like techieMoe says, you can add those things later. The easiest way is probably by using URPMI. You can go here for help to make setting it up easier.

Let us know how it goes.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    thanks guys, thats what I needed. I love openSUSE, but i'm looking for a distro that also has great KDE integration but with better support for restricted formats. Mandriva and PCLinOS look nice, i'll give 2008.0 free x64 a shot first and see how it goes