Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Bluetooth Cell Phone Connection

I am new in linux, also shifted my attention from my girlfreind. I need you guys to help me in configuring my bluetooth cellphone to communicate with my PC. I can not do any thing that i could do while i was using windows XP. please help me.

welcome which distro are you using what phone you got

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by scrarfussi View Post
    welcome which distro are you using what phone you got

Hi I am a very very very new user of Linux Mandriva. I have exactly the same problem here. I have a Sony Ericsson k790i cell phone and I used to use it as a edge modem to connect to the internet. I have the installation disk that contains the driver that makes my cell phone be recognised in Windows Xp but no driver for Linux.

I dont even think Sony Ericsson (i am not sure though) has created any driver for Linux so is there any way I can use my cell phone and connect to the internet from Linux Mandriva????

Thank You.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Hi and Welcome !

How do you connect this phone to PC, via bluetooth or Cable?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Hi.. Casper... I use the data cable i got with the phone. I tried using the blue tooth some time and that also works fine (in Windows Xp of course).

But setting up the bluetooth and using it with my phone was a little complicated. Dont actually want to do it again if I dont have to.

Thank You.

well if you have the windows driver... one of the more experianced linux people might want to confirm this... you could use ndis wrapper and the windows driver i am unclear how this works because i have never needed it but someone else might be good at it