Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am quite new at linux. I am trying to import my addressbook from a thumb drive. Linux recognizes it without any problem. I've found how to import the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Importing .csv address book

Hello, I am quite new at linux. I am trying to import my addressbook from a thumb drive. Linux recognizes it without any problem. I've found how to import the address book but i get a message that says "you must assign a column". What does this mean and how can i do this? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill cloonan View Post
    Hello, I am quite new at linux. I am trying to import my addressbook from a thumb drive. Linux recognizes it without any problem. I've found how to import the address book but i get a message that says "you must assign a column". What does this mean and how can i do this? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Your *.csv file is made of rows, one for each person in your addressbook. The data of a person (name,e-mail address, phone nr...) are separated with ";" sign. So it interprets the file as a table. You should find some step where you can point at "Names" or similar.
    What kind of mail client are you trying to use?
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

Just Joined!

mail client

I am using a pop3 mail client. i will check out what you suggest, i had forgotten that the .csv file is a table which opens in excel format. i'll keep you posted. Cheers and beers thanks