Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello again ok, I have an external hdd hooked up to my mandriva station. /media/hd I can only create files as root. I would like to setup everyone access if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

adding permissions

Hello again

ok, I have an external hdd hooked up to my mandriva station.

/media/hd

I can only create files as root. I would like to setup everyone access if this is possible so my wife can add file to it from her windows laptop. or maybe prompt for a username and password that I have setup for her.

How can I change permissiosn for read, write, execute, delete? (Everyone access)
    AND
    Is there a way to have it prompt the windows system for a password? She has to type in the ip in run command \\192.168.1.100

Any help would be awesome guys, this is the last configuration I need to make.

Thanks~

I can only create files as root. I would like to setup everyone access if this is possible so my wife can add file to it from her windows laptop. or maybe prompt for a username and password that I have setup for her.

How can I change permissiosn for read, write, execute, delete? (Everyone access)
    In which filesystem partitions of External HD are formatted?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First