Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have windows xp and madrake linux (8.2) on my hard drive and can use the internet fine with windows, but for some reason cant set up the internet on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

choose your net driver ... help...

i have windows xp and madrake linux (8.2) on my hard drive and can use the internet fine with windows, but for some reason cant set up the internet on linux. i enter in my root password, select autodetect, choose lan (im on a lan with 2 other computers on cable, im not the server.), and dont know what to do after that. it says to choose the correct net driver, but i cant seem to find the right one. if im in windows and go to my device manager, and go to network adapters, and it says Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection, but i tried all the intel net drivers on linux, and no luck! help...please. thanks in advance.

I think you have to install the e100 drivers from intel, i dont know were they are, but google around and search intel's site.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    i seem to be having the exact same problems. I chose a driver that looks like it would work with the Intel(R) PRO/100 card, and it looks like its doing something and than all of a sudden i'm back at New Connection and my only option is to manually load a driver. When the tools log is open, i just get a "running: modinfo -p eepro100" or whatever driver i've tried...it doesnt indicate any error it just...doesnt work

Just Joined!
    hmmmm, how do i go about installing the drivers? i have the eepro100.c, kern_Compat.h, pci-scan.c, pci-scan.h
    but nothing seems to happen when i try to compile them