Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

choose your net driver ... help...

i have windows xp and madrake linux (8.2) on my hard drive and can use the internet fine with windows, but for some reason cant set up the internet on linux. i enter in my root password, select autodetect, choose lan (im on a lan with 2 other computers on cable, im not the server.), and dont know what to do after that. it says to choose the correct net driver, but i cant seem to find the right one. if im in windows and go to my device manager, and go to network adapters, and it says Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection, but i tried all the intel net drivers on linux, and no luck! help...please. thanks in advance.

Lat: 39:03:51N Lon: 77:14:37W
    I think you have to install the e100 drivers from intel, i dont know were they are, but google around and search intel's site.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

i seem to be having the exact same problems. I chose a driver that looks like it would work with the Intel(R) PRO/100 card, and it looks like its doing something and than all of a sudden i'm back at New Connection and my only option is to manually load a driver. When the tools log is open, i just get a "running: modinfo -p eepro100" or whatever driver i've doesnt indicate any error it just...doesnt work

4. $spacer_open
    hmmmm, how do i go about installing the drivers? i have the eepro100.c, kern_Compat.h, pci-scan.c, pci-scan.h
    but nothing seems to happen when i try to compile them