Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I have this problem with my sound and I don't know why it is doing this. Everytime a sound is played even the kde boot up noise I get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sound Issues

Hey,

I have this problem with my sound and I don't know why it is doing this. Everytime a sound is played even the kde boot up noise I get this loud hissing static sound that fades in and out over the actual media. I can't play anything in Xmms because of this however cd's seem to play fine through KsCD. If anyone has seen or rather heard this before please help me fix this. If you might know but you need hardware specs let me know.

Thanks

Just Joined!

FIxed it!

Hey,

Well The good news is I fixed it... The bad news is I posted an awful topic with no replies to try and find the answer before looking to see if I could solve it myself. If anyone is interested i fixed it using an alternate driver already on the box. So... In light of my stupidity please flame me as much as you'd like bye.

hahah, *flammmmmmme* ehhe fire.. really, no one is gonna flame you. generaly, it is a good idea to try stuff like that first, and we certainly will try harder to help you if you do, but if its really obvious you didn't try to help yourself first, then (generaly) on this forum, you will just be ignored, or get a post that reads 'www.google.com'
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close