Find the answer to your Linux question:
will the 2008 spring free edition work with my RT2561/rt61 wireless network card out of the box? I am using mandriva ONE right now and it works perfect right out ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

will 2008 spring?

will the 2008 spring free edition work with my RT2561/rt61 wireless network card out of the box? I am using mandriva ONE right now and it works perfect right out of the box sort of to speak.

i am still really new and do not know how to do much yet and trying to set up drivers is pretty hard i think. any advice will be helpfull thanks so much Bower

More than likely it will work, or you could do what I do. Backup all your network config files to a safe place (USB or Floppy) and then restore them to the new install. Setting up the Drivers isn't really all that hard after you have done it once or twice. If you end up in trouble, just post a new thread with details.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    It should work out of the box. I ran the rc1 and it worked out of the box with my rt73 card. The drivers for ralink chipsets are opensource, so most distros include them by default or you can download them from Serialmonkey.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie

thanks for the reply

thanks for the reply i wont worry about it then.

Bower

Linux Newbie

how do i back up network drivers and settings

it was mentioned i could back up all my network settings with a usb thumb drive. how do i go about doing that before i install a newer version of mandriva.

Bower

I'm not real familiar with Mandriva, but I think the config files are in /etc/sysconfig/networking
    Hoepfully someone with Mandriva experience can point you in the right direction.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    yes i just looked on mandriva and they are there
    i got there in the command line first then found it agian by clicking through the folders