Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have win XP and mandrake 10, happened that win xp didn't work properly so I changed the boot ini in order to boot in safemode. The result is windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

permisson windows files

I have win XP and mandrake 10, happened that win xp didn't work properly so I changed the boot ini in order to boot in safemode. The result is windows doesn't boot any more. I can boot linux but I am not able to change the boot.ini as is read only file. can I:
    1. change permission to boot.ini file?
    2. enable NTFS Write Support?
    3. I downloaded xpquick to boot from floppy but I cannot format the floppy disk from XP, is there any method to format the floppy in mandrake with the windows files?
    any other suggestion hints appreciated!

Tom

The ntfs-3g site does not appear to list support for your OS at the moment. In your position I'd download something like the PartedMagic CD as this will support writing to ntfs partitions, and could come in handy in future if you want to change partition layout. You might need the older version of the CD which uses the ntfs-3g driver for support, I think the latest disk lists write support as experimental (because it is not using the ntfs-3g driver) you can check this out.

Someone else may have a quicker/better solution.