Find the answer to your Linux question:
in fedora i type nano or gedit and the file name and it will open a text editor what command does that in mandriva? i don't like vim or vi ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] cli text edit

in fedora i type nano or gedit and the file name and it will open a text editor
    what command does that in mandriva? i don't like vim or vi is there a kedit or can i get gedit in mandriva?

sry if this is a stupid ?

oz
    forum.guy
    If you are running Gnome, you might have gedit already installed, and kedit comes with KDE. For command line edits I'd think that nano is already installed by default. If not, you could try for pico. It's about the same thing as nano.
    oz

Linux Newbie
    If nano is not there you can download it here:
    GNU nano
    I have started using it since seeing others say to use it for text editing. its fast and small.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Both of those commands are available in the Mandriva software repositories. If you are using KDE, I suggest you use kwrite or kate which are installed by default. As for nano, you can install it using the GUI package manager or by running the command below as root
    Code:
    urpmi nano
    Its probably a good idea to setup the various main, contrib, plf and updates repos for your version of Mandriva using the instructions available at easyurpmi, so that you have more software available via the repos.

Just Joined!
    thanks i ended up find kwrite already it it is gedit with a kwrite titel basically
    thanks guys and the easyurpmi was very useful