Find the answer to your Linux question:
I guess this is rather an old problem. I installed Mandriva 2008 on a Lifebook C1410 (uses Intel 945 chipset). When I turn on Compiz fusion and try to play ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

No video playback while using Compiz Fusion (Intel Chipset Problem)

I guess this is rather an old problem. I installed Mandriva 2008 on a Lifebook C1410 (uses Intel 945 chipset). When I turn on Compiz fusion and try to play a video file, the video player quits itself stating there is not enough memory to play a video (even though I have 256MB graphics card). All video players have the same problem I have Kaffine, VLC, Totem etc with all codecs installed, and by the way I can play videos when I turn off Compiz Fusion.
    I had this problem with Fedora as well.
    Someone suggested me to change the video output in VLC player to X11 but it heats up the processor and of course is not the proper solution to the problem.
    Is there any fix to this problem yet?

Same problem

even im having the same problem.mplayer neither vlc plays any files.can anyone suggest alternate way to watch video files.

Just Joined!

No solution yet?

Me too. Some one please HELP!

try enabling the video playback and workarounds plugins from the compiz-fusion settings manger... Loy.

Hi, guys!
    I don't know what is the problem, but I think it is mostly connected with the graphic card's driver. I have an old Nvidia with 128MB of RAM and all the playbacks are working fine with compiz-fusion. Can you give me some details on your graphic cards? For the graphical engine I use 'xv' and not 'X11'
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188