Find the answer to your Linux question:
i noticed mandriva 2008 does not come with wvdial amongst its packages so i hjad to installl the rpms myself including dependencies i did this without recieving any errors i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

mandriva 2008 wvdial

i noticed mandriva 2008 does not come with wvdial amongst its packages so i hjad to installl the rpms myself including dependencies i did this without recieving any errors i then went on to setup my modem which also went well i connected to the internet and it showed connected even little networking sign lit up but when i open a browser it says i'm not connected to internet i've used wvdial in mandriva 2007 spring free i just can get why i'm not connecting even though my modem shows i'm connected

What's your modems type?
    Are you using wvdial from RPM or is it built from sources?
    I'm asking it, since I have an Intel EP 536 faxmodem and that one works with an extra package. Basically I never used to use wvdial but kppp.
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

i use my phone as a modem i used the rpms had to download them separately i had wvdial working before but then i had to reinstall mandriva and everything went downhill from there kppp just dont work on my phone dont know why

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close