Find the answer to your Linux question:
mandriva 2008 is turning to become a nightmare my firefox wont start from terminal i get no errors it just crashes clean tries to start up and crashes . i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

firefox wont start

mandriva 2008 is turning to become a nightmare my firefox wont start from terminal i get no errors it just crashes clean tries to start up and crashes . i cant install opera due to dependency problems a certain libstdcc package which is not even available on the urpmi packages site . it seems like alot is missing from this mandriva release

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    For the libstdc++ error, can you post the exact output. I suspect that you need libstdc++5 which should be available via urpmi. Make sure that you have setup the various main, contrib, plf and updates repos for your version of Mandriva using the instructions at easyurpmiHave you tried using Firefox from Mozillas own site?

i had to reinstall my mandriva so currently i'm battling trying to get internet too work using my phone as modem

Are you using 2008 Spring? I've used 2008 and currently using 2008 Spring Beta1 but I didn't encounter such failures. Try to run Firefox from terminal and see the error messages
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

no i'm just using 2008 i cant wait to get my hands on spring hopefully it will be better than 2008 which i must say i now hate with a passion