Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just downloaded and tried out MandrakeMove - very cool. I like it....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

MandrakeMove

I just downloaded and tried out MandrakeMove - very cool. I like it.

Linux Engineer
    what about it?i have heard things but i've never seen it...what's the most exciting thing on it?
    Linux For Ever!

Just Joined!
    In order to avoid repetition, I have provided the following link. I think these authors have said a lot of good things.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/review...php?product=61

I would also like to add that using this product allows me to circumvent some security issues that arise when using another's computer.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    cool!thanks for the link..
    Linux For Ever!

Linux User
    The most fascinating things about Mandrake is that it's very windows-like Auto hardware installation, good configurator, and so on. This makes it suitable for begginning users as well as lazy administrators and good material for a live CD.

Linux Engineer
    suse also has an easy installation and configuration through yast2...
    Linux For Ever!

Linux User
    I tried suse 6.0 some five years ago and quite liked it. Alas, recently I've heard that it choose more commercial path. So the question is if I can download it freely or if there's some kind of community release. Regards...

Linux User
    By the way stathisx, shouldn't you be on an olympic stadium now? :P

Just Joined!

Mandrake move

I like it as well. It was MM that persuaded me to buy an old PC and install LInux (MD 10) on it. This is the PC I am now using using. The Windows PC is still in use in another room. Well. there are things on it that I need.

The great thing now for me re MM is that I can always use it as a rescue CD. I can eg use it to reformat and repartition hard drives even if I can't boot into Linux itself which for a computer ignorant person like me is very useful.

MM is probably also useful for demonstrating Linux to other people in their homes.

Just Joined!

how to get into expert mode?

Hi,

I am trying a couple of on CD Linux versions, since I never had Linux before. I got Knoppix to work with the expert mode, because otherwise it stop when it checks for SCSI. However MM stops too and I am not sure how to enter expert mode. First you can press F1 and it gives you some options, but if I type "noauto" it doesn't know what to do with it. Entering "expert" as in Knoppix doesn't work either. Any help???

Aendruh