Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi guys, Im nubie to linux, can anyone help me to solve my prob. i installed mandrake 2007 to my pc and its working, til i play some audio format ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Audio Problem

hi guys, Im nubie to linux, can anyone help me to solve my prob. i installed mandrake 2007 to my pc and its working, til i play some audio format files like wav. or mp3 and its not working. no sound on my speaker, im using the build in sound in the motherboard. anyones help will be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums Lito de Belen!

I'm sorry, you seem to have had a bit of a wait before you got a reply to your first post.
    Do you have any sound at all? For example, Mandriva (not Mandrake by the way, that's oooold) should play a little ditty when you start a new session. Do you get this? If so, it could be a simple codec problem. Linux rarely ships with every codec you need for rights reasons. Try downloading and installing VLC - this comes complete with most of the codecs and is a really nifty little media player.
    Distribution: Archlinux
    Processor: 3 x Amd 64 bit
    Ram: 4 GB
    Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT

Just Joined!
    gud day to you, thanks a lot for the help, now its working,
    i have another question, hoping to all that dont get mad on me, i just want to learn more about this " linux" . My sister have a windows base PC and a printer attached to it, now i want to use her printer to print my document files. we have a 12 ports hub connected to our pc. how can i configured my mandriva 2007 PC over our small network, how can use her printer over the network?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Hello,

Glad you've got your sound to work. Now, about your network problem, Linux works well on a network and there is no trouble connecting a Linux and a Windows PC together. You will need to configure an IP address for the two computers and then set them up so that they can 'see' each other. The process should be straightforward enough, but I suggest you start a new thread if you have any difficulties.
    Distribution: Archlinux
    Processor: 3 x Amd 64 bit
    Ram: 4 GB
    Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT