Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have tried to setup the mandriva-linux-one-2008-spring-KDE-int-cdrom-i586. It's an ISO I burned off the net - which I believe has no corruption. It seems to load fine all throught the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question mounting

I have tried to setup the mandriva-linux-one-2008-spring-KDE-int-cdrom-i586. It's an ISO I burned off the net - which I believe has no corruption. It seems to load fine all throught the process untill the final setup. After the window where it asks you to reboot your computer comes up - which I do - the system closes down and then it gives me 2 options - win XP and Unetbootin. Unetbootin is the program I am using to setup for the Duel Boot sequence. I've configured my Hard drives as such -
    C: NTFS 35GB Active Primary
    Extended-
    D: Data FAT 32 6GB Logical
    H: NTFS 6GB Logical
    SWAPSPACE2 Linux swap 2055MB Logical
    Linux Ext2 11GB Logical
    I: APPS FAT 32 16GB Logical

This is for a Duel Boot on a laptop - only a few months old. I have XP pro on it at the moment.

When I click on the option for Unetbootin the Mandriva screen comes up - then it cuts to a screen with error 13 and this as the first line:-

mount:error mounting/dev/loop0/on/live/distrib as squashfs: invalid argument pivot_root:no such file or directory

ok...so what am I doing wrong here? Anyone? I've been trying this for 5 days now...HELP...

Any info greatly recieved...

Hi and Welcome !

Unetbootin is the program I am using to setup for the Duel Boot sequence.
    Is there any reason for using Unetbootin for dual booting? GRUB is default Boot Loader of Mandriva and works perfectly fine. You should use default Boot Loader only.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils casper View Post
    Hi and Welcome !

Is there any reason for using Unetbootin for dual booting? GRUB is default Boot Loader of Mandriva and works perfectly fine. You should use default Boot Loader only.
    Hi casper....thanks...where can I get the GRUB from?

You dont have to install it separately. Mandriva installer will install GRUB, detect Windows OS and setup dual boot itself.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First